Adding an image field to a content type
In a default installation, only Articles have an image field, but this type of field can be added to other content types (e.g. Basic page or custom content types) as well. An image field can also be added to a user profile, a comment, or a taxonomy term. An unlimited number of image fields can be added, each with a variety of settings such as allowed extensions, maximum file size and default directory for storing the images.
To control the way the image is displayed you must define styles (see below).
To add an image field to a content type:
- Choose the content type via Administration > Structure > Content types.
- Choose "Manage fields".
- Enter a label for the field, e.g. "Product picture", define a field name and choose "Image".
- Decide if there should be a limit on how many images can be attached (defaults to 1).
- Choose a default image for this field (optional).
- Define further settings, such as allowed extensions, maximum file size and default directory for storing the image files.
- Save the settings.